I’m dreaming of sushi.
Not just any sushi though – the greatest sushi on earth, made by Japan’s national treasure Jiro Ono. An 85 year old man who makes what some say is the best sushi in Japan near a Tokyo subway station. There’s a beautiful documentary called Jiro Dreams Of Sushi all about him- a must see.
And it got me dreaming of a trip to Japan. A place that looks totally different to anywhere I’ve ever been. The simple beauty, the mix of East and West and blooming cherry blossoms all look fascinating.
I’ve just been doing a spot of researching and have already come up with a long list of things I’m dying to try:
- Visit the Tsukiji Fish Market, the largest fish market in the world and catch the early morning fish auctions and have a spot of breakfast sushi
- Watch Sumo
- See some of the most beautiful shrines in the world, like the Meiji Shrine
- Go in cherry blossom season and see the beautiful blooms and festivals
- Eat sushi – find the best and least touristy spots
- Stay in a traditional Japanese Ryokan
- Try my hand at some karaoke
- Go soak in an Onsen, the famous Japanese hot springs
- Climb Mount Fuji (this is an ambitious one)
If anyone wants to sponsor me I’d be forever grateful – and I’d praise your name to the skies on this blog 🙂